Friday, September 24, 2010

top 100

Okay, so they've been running this show on "VH1 Classic" called "The top 100 artist of all time". It's 5 hours long!! Well actually it's 5 one hour segments. The premise of the show is, (pretty obvious) They polled 200 famous artists from the music world, and asked them who they thought were the top 5 artists/entertainers of all time. Then, (of course) they tallied the results, and came up with the top 100. On each segment of the show they name each artist, (starting with 100) show footage and pics of that artist, and have guest celebs give their opinion as to why they think this artist is the best ever.. It's a really fun show to watch! I've already watched the first four hours, and have the last hour on DVR waiting to watch. So I've already seen 100 thru 20. I bet I can tell you 5 artists out of the top 10 without having to watch. Here goes: Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, and Madonna. I'll let you know how I did (or you can watch for yourself).

Okay, I said all that to ask this question. I really wanna know, who are your top 5 favorite artist/entertainers/musicians of all time?? And (if you wish) why?

Without expounding to much on why (for now), I'll give you my top 5. (They're all bands)  5.Vanhalen 4.Rush 3.Led Zeppelin 2.The Beatles 1.Pink Floyd

On any given day the order might change, but those are definitely my top 5. WHAT'S YOURS??????

7 comments:

  1. OK Orvis I'll give it a go: 1) The Eagles 2) Pink Floyd 3) Lynyrd Skynyrd 4) Eric Clapton 5) Rush

    That was tough and would probably be different tomorrow. Honorable mention to Styx, The Beatles, and Van Halen.

    Looking forward to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Earth Wind & Fire
    2. The Beatles
    3. James Brown
    4. Michael Jackson
    5. Prince

    Because I am a keyboard player these all fit in the catagory: George Duke, Alex Bugnon, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Oscar Peterson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5 not in any particular order are...
    The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Police, The Talking Heads, Prince. I am with John though because my preferences change daily. I also love U2, John Mayer, Sly & the Family Stone, Michael Jackson, The EaGLES, pINK fLOYD, eW & FIRE, COLDPLAY, ETC..ETC..ETC..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My top 5 are in no order

    Eagles
    beatles
    metallica
    Motown - anything recorded by james jamerson
    Stevie Ray Vaughan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no particular order:
    prince, michael jackson, elvis, madonna, aerosmith

    ReplyDelete
  6. My order also changes, mostly based on my mood. But my top 5 are: The Beatles, Social Distortion, The Clash, The Ramones, Sex Pistols... and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts is thrown into the rotation a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Doors; Clapton; Stones; Eagles; and Mellencamp

    ReplyDelete