Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top 100 continued

Hi. First of all, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I hope to continue to hear from new readers on their 'top five".
I finally watched the last hour of the "Top 100" show. Here is the top 20 as they had it:
20.Marvin Gaye   15.The Beach Boys   10.Stevie Wonder   5.Bob Dylan
19.U-2                 14.Nirvana                 9.James Brown      4.The Rolling Stones
18.Pink Floyd       13.The Who              8.Elvis Presley        3.Led Zeppelin
17.Queen             12.David Bowie         7.Prince                  2.Michael Jackson
16.Madonna         11.Bob Marley          6.Jimi Hendrix         1.The Beatles

So, my prediction was wrong. (As you may recall) I predicted MJ, The Beatles, Elvis,Led Zep, and Madonna would make the top 10. As you can see "ole girl" didn't make it. Oh well. :)

This whole discussion has been fun, and actually makes me wonder what people think about other similar things. For instance, What do you think are the top 5 best albums ever, or best songs ever? Or we could go into specifics, like who are your 5 favorite R+B artists, or Country, or who are you 5 favorite female singers etc.

BTW, (you probably already know this but) you can click on comments, and see what everyone else is saying.
I noticed Rodney already listed his top 5 favorite keyboardists. Rodney, you're right, those dudes are the bomb!!:) Anyway, that prompted me to want to list my top 5 favorite guitarists. Okay here goes.

Alex Lifeson (Rush) Maybe the must underrated guitarist ever!
Jeff Beck There is no one like him!
David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) A true tonemaster!
Stevie Ray Vaughn I saw him in 1987 and haven't looked at a guitar the same way since!
Tommy Emmanuel OMG! If you haven't heard this guy, you must go to youtube and listen to him at ONCE!!
This list could go on and on, but I'll stop there.. Take care friends!!

3 comments:

  1. A couple of other guitar guys you should check out include:

    Andy McKee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvar4ZsqsEo

    and Jake Shimabukuro who actually plays a Ukulele, but it will blow you away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEqEe-PIC8

    I also really like a local guy by the name of Orvis Kirkman..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right John! I've heard both those guys and was indeed blown away! Somewhere on youtube there's footage of Jake (would you call him a Ukelelist)lol and Tommy Emmanuel playing together. It's pretty crazy! That Orvis though. Whew I don't know about him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me think here,The Allman Brothers or Steely Dan didn't make the top 20????? well alright then,now back 2 my 8-Track

    ReplyDelete